Seafood tomato spaghetti
( SERVES 4 )
This is quick and light, and the lemon adds a fresh zesty flavour. Add your favourite combination of seafood, or keep a bag of seafood mix in the freezer for a no-fuss dinner. Serve with crusty bread for mopping up the juices.
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1||Red onion, finely sliced|
|2 cloves||Garlic, finely sliced|
|1||Lemon, use 3 strips of the peel|
|½ cup||White wine|
|½ tsp||Fresh dill, use the tips|
|6 large||Vine ripened tomatoes, roughly chopped|
|400 g||Seafood, such as salmon, calamari, shrimps, mussels, crab, etc|
|1||Flat leaf (Italian) parsley, to garnish|
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the onion, garlic and anchovies, and saute over a gentle heat for 4-5 minutes, until softened and fragrant.
- Add the lemon, white wine, capers, dill and tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the seafood and cook gently for 4-5 minutes until both the fish and seafood are translucent and cooked.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in boiling water according to packet directions and drain.
- Serve the tomato seafood sauce over the hot pasta. Garnish with Italian parsley and a swirl of olive oil.