( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Grant Allen
|3||Red chillies, medium|
|4||Green chillies, small|
|2 pieces||Fresh ginger, thumbs|
|8||Nuts, candlenuts (or macadamia nuts)|
- Curry paste Blitz altogether all ingredients in a liquidiser with 2 cups of water until smooth.
- Curry: This is a "dry" curry. Ibnu started by cooking the octopus in boiling water for 40 mins until tender.
- He removed it and allowed it to cool, then chopped the tentacles into 2cm length to give 2 cups.
- Heat up your wok. Add 2 tbsp oil and fry out the curry paste. Be careful when starting, you are adding water to oil. Cook out for at least five minutes.
- Add the garlic and shallots and cook until tender. Add the octopus and toss over a medium heat.
- Add the tomato and chillies. Season with salt, pepper and sugar to taste.
- Add the mango and finally toss around the lima beans over a gentle heat and serve.