Farfalle with seasonal greens
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Tamara West
|400 g||Farfalle pasta, dried|
|4||Shallots, finely chopped|
|2||Garlic cloves, finely chopped|
|2 bunches||Asparagus, thin, trimmed and cut into even lengths|
|¼ cup||White wine|
|4||Zucchini, small, thinly sliced into ribbons, then into thin strips|
|¼ cup||Parsley, chopped|
|1 handful||Watercress, fresh picked|
|200 g||Creme fraiche, up to 250g|
|¼ cup||Parmesan cheese, freshly grated|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
- Cook farfalle in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente, 10-12 minutes.
- Drain, reserving a little of the cooking liquid.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over a low heat, add shallots and garlic and cook until soft, about 2 minutes. Stir occasionally to ensure they do not stick and burn.
- Add the asparagus and wine and cook until the wine has reduced. Stir through the zucchini strips and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the parsley, watercress and creme fraiche.
- Add farfalle to the frying pan, stir to combine, adding a little cooking liquid to moisten.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place in a warm shallow serving bowl and scatter over the parmesan.