( SERVES 16 )
Photo by Babiche Martens.
- Heat a barbecue to a medium heat.
- Rub the vegetables with oil and place on the barbecue for 2 minutes, then turn for a further 2 minutes until cooked through. Remove and cool.
- Chargrill peppers whole, turning with tongs until they blister and start to blacken on the outsides.
- Remove and place in a plastic bag to cool. When cool enough to handle, peel off the skin, remove the seeds and slice into quarters.
- On the bench lay the eggplant, cover with 2 slices of courgette, peppers, and basil leaves.
- Place a piece of mozzarella in the centre, season with salt and pepper and roll.
- Slice each vegetable roll in half.
- Drizzle with balsamic and serve.