Potted prawns with melba toast
( SERVES 6 )
You could serve this as one big dip, but I love the idea of getting your own little pot. Use a sharp knife – not serrated – for cutting the crust off the bread. This seals the edges and makes them puff up.
- In a food processor, combine prawns, cream cheese and dill and pulse until fine.
- Add lemon juice and zest, and season well. Pulse until well combined and smooth.
- Spoon into individual dishes or one large serving dish.
- For toasts, cut the crusts from the bread using a large sharp knife, then cut into triangles.
- Spray with oil and sprinkle with seasoning.
- Bake at 170C on a lined tray for 5-8 minutes until pale golden and puffed.
- Allow to cool and crisp up.