Roasted red pepper tart
( SERVES 8 )
Photo by Grant Sherring
- Roll out and line pastry into a 28cm loose-bottomed flan ring, and bake blind for 20 minutes.
- Return pastry to oven for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned all over.
- Remove from oven and immediately brush the bottom and sides of the pastry with beaten egg.
- Sprinkle with 2-3 tbsp of the parmesan and set aside.
- Char-grill red and yellow peppers. Cut peppers into thick strips.
- Preheat oven to 190 degC (fanbake).
- Put onions in a frying pan with olive oil and cook over gentle heat until soft and lightly golden.
- Add a few pinches of salt, grind over black pepper to taste, and mix in basil.
- Spread onion mixture over pastry base and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Arrange peppers, olives and feta on top.
- Sprinkle with remaining parmesan and bake tart in oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm, cut into slices.