Reader recipe: Thai flavoured Risotto with a Spring Twist
( SERVES 6 )
We love this variation of a risotto, it is a great way to combine our favourite Thai and Italian cuisines with another fav, Asparagus. This risotto is not scary to make, it may not meet with the approval of the Italian traditionalists but hey, who cares, it is tasty, fresh and fantastic in spring.
- Heat oil in pan, add asparagus, cook, stirring until just tender; remove from pan.
- Add steak in batches to same pan, cook, stirring, until well browned; remove from pan.
- Add onion to same pan, cook, stirring, until onion is soft.
- Add paste and rice, cook, stirring, until fragrant.
- Stir ½ cup (125ml) of the combined stock and coconut milk into rice mixture, cook, stirring, over low heat until liquid is absorbed.
- Continue adding stock mixture gradually, stirring until absorbed before next addition.
- Total cooking time should be about 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Return Steak and Asparagus to pan with Coriander; stir until hot.