Seafood vegetable soup
( SERVES 8 )
A well balanced mealtime soup which covers both the soup and the fish course in one bowl
|½ cup||Onion, chopped|
|½ cup||Leek, chopped|
|1 cup||Potato, diced|
|1 clove||Garlic, chopped|
|1 tsp||Chicken stock powder|
|¼ tsp||Dried oregano|
|1 pinch||Grated nutmeg|
|1 pinch||White pepper|
|1 pinch||Cayenne pepper|
|125 g||Sealord Simply Natural Hoki Fillets, diced|
|½ cup||White wine|
|125 g||Cooked prawns|
|125 g||Calamari rings, halved|
- Place the butter in a large saucepan and add the onion, leek, potato and garlic. Stir and cook gently for 5 minutes. Add the water, bay leaf, stock powder, oregano, nutmeg, salt, white and cayenne pepper and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and blend the soup base with a stick blender until smooth. Stir in the cream and remove from heat.
- Place the fish and wine in a second saucepan. Bring to boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Rinse the prawns and calamari and add to the saucepan. Bring to boil and remove from heat.
- Place the corn, peas, carrot, celery and mushrooms in a third saucepan and add the butter. Cook and stir over moderate heat for 5 minutes and remove from heat.
- Add the cooked fish, vegetables, spinach and spring onion to the soup base. Stir to combine and reheat over moderate heat until the soup starts to boil. Serve hot with black pepper