Brown rice with sweet potato puree and tabbouleh
This recipe is both simple and healthy
|1 cup||Brown rice|
|2 cups||Water, boiled|
|300 g||Sweet potatoes, peeled|
|½ cup||Double cream|
|200 g||Bulghur wheat, hydrated|
|½ cup||Tomato, chopped in cubes|
|1 small bunch||Spring onion, finely chopped|
|¼ cup||Lime juice, to taste|
|1 drizzle||Extra virgin olive oil, to taste|
|100 g||Zucchini, sliced on mandoline|
|100 g||Eggplants, into slices|
|1 drizzle||Balsamic vinegar, to taste|
|1 pinch||Salt, to taste|
- First of all, hydrate the bulghur wheat, always using 2 parts of water for 1 part of wheat. Let it rest for 2 hours. After that strain the wheat using a clean kitchen cloth.
- Now boil water for the rice, again using 2 parts of water for 1 part of rice. Add the boiled water on the rice and then low the heat, cover and wait until all water evaporates. Only season the rice after it's done, because ingredients like salt or any kind of acid can delay the cooking.
- Cook the sweet potatoes until it's soft and then mash them up. After that add the butter and double cream. Taste the salt, if necessary add more.
- On the strained bulghur wheat add the chopped tomato, spring onions, lime juice, salt and extra virgin olive oil.
- For the side salad, slice the zucchini using a mandoline or some vegetable slicer, then add a drizzle of olive oil, balsamic vinegar and a pinch of salt. Grill the eggplant and serve.