( MAKES about 20 biscuits. )
Biscuits are made with ground almonds, are light and crisp, low in saturated fat and gluten-free.
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C. Line a biscuit tray with baking paper.
- Beat together egg, sugar and salt until thick and pale. Beat in the oil.
- Add the ground almonds, white rice flour, cocoa and baking powder. Mix to combine. The mixture may be slightly sticky but should roll easily into balls.
- Roll teaspoonfuls of the mixture into balls and place on the lined baking tray. Using a fork or the bottom of a glass, flatten the biscuits to about 3mm.
- Bake for 15 minutes. The biscuits will develop thin cracks on top as they bake.