Fresh seafood stew
This recipe makes the most of fresh, affordable seafood readily available at supermarkets. It is quick and easy and can be whipped up in half an hour when home from a busy day at work
|1 whole||Diced red onion|
|2 cloves||Crushed garlic|
|1 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 Tbsp||Chilli powder|
|1 whole||Bay leaf|
|1 can||Chopped tomatoes|
|1 Tbsp||Smoked paprika|
|200 g||Tomato puree|
|1 cup||Chicken stock|
|½ cup||White wine|
|100 g||Chorizo sausages|
|8 whole||Mussels, fresh in shell|
|200 g||Uncooked shrimps|
|200 g||Squid tubes|
- Heat a large pan or wok on medium head. Add olive oil, diced red onion, crushed garlic and saute until soft. Add in chorizo near the end to brown up.
- Add chilli powder, bay leaf, smoked paprika, can of chopped tomatoes. tomato puree and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and wine and continue to cook.
- Add mussels, cover and cook for 4-5 mins until just opening.
- Add shrimps and squid tubes and allow to cook for 2-3 mins or until just cooked. Season with salt and pepper
- Finish with chopped coriander and a squeeze of lemon juice and serve in bowls with a fresh crusty bread.