Hearty Beef and Guinness Stew
( SERVES 6 )
It's quick, it's easy, it's delicious, it's winter food at it's best prepared in the slow cooker. Quick & easy slow cooker comfort food (A NZ Woman's Weekly Recipe)
- Put diced beef, flour & salt and freshly ground pepper in a plastic bag & shake well to coat. Heat Olive Oil in large frying pan and brown beef in batches
- Place onions in slow cooker and top with the beef. Then add mushrooms and rosemary
- Pour over Guinness, garlic and stock
- Cook for 4-1/2 hrs on high
- Mix flour to a paste with 3 Tablespoons of cooked liquid from Slow Cooker. Add this to slow cooker and cook for further 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and Brussel sprouts - or your choice of vegetables.