( MAKES 24 pieces )
A neighbour was ill with no appetite. This recipe can be used for a dessert or a cake. It helped her to become interested in food again.That was 20 years ago and it is still popular with the family.
- Preheat oven to 170C. Line sponge roll tin with baking paper.
- Cream together butter and icing sugar. Then add flour.
- Press into greased lined sponge roll tin. Line sides as well.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Topping - Beat eggs and sugar together until creamy and thick.
- Mix in zest, add sifted flour baking powder, and juice.
- Stir until smooth.
- Pour mixture over partl cooked base at 170C for further 30 minutes.
- Cut into 24 pieces (less for bigger serves).
- Serve with a spoonful of lemon yoghurt.
- Makes a good party dessert that can be prepared well before the meal.
This recipe has been recreated by the bite team. Click here for our adapted recipe.