Blitzed beef tortilla
( SERVES 4 )
Because it was delicious!
|750 g||Chuck steaks|
|3 pieces||Star anise pods|
|2 pieces||Dried chillies|
|1 Tbsp||Cumin seeds|
|2 Tbsp||Sunflower oil|
|3 Tbsp||Shaoxing rice wine|
|1 Tbsp||Light soy sauce|
|1 Tbsp||Brown sugar|
- Heat oil in a deep fry pan then add Star Anise, Chilli and Cumin Seeds to infuse the oil with a rich flavour.
- After thirty seconds, add 2-3cm cubed beef to the oil. Once beef is lightly browned, add 600ml of hot water then add cover the fry pan with a lid simmer for 3-4 hours.
- Mix rice wine, brown sugar, soy sauce and 2Tbsp of water in a cup until dissolved. Remove lid and add it to the fry pan.
- Remove beef and star anise from the fry pan. Increase heat to reduce liquid by half. Add beef back into the pan. Stir and pull beef apart until the liquid has completely reduced.
- Grate parsnips and carrot and fry in a separate fry pan until golden brown. Reheat beans. Heat tortillas in microwave.
- Combine all elements then serve with cheese, lettuce, avocado, sour cream and coriander.
- Enjoy with cold a Apple Cider.