Durban (South Africa) style lamb curry
( SERVES 4 )
My recipe is special because it is traditional to the Indians in South Africa but not all over the world. It has its own distinct flavor, essential ingredients and a smell that is to die for and one that somehow is loved by each and every person who lives in SA or comes to SA for a visit.
- Heat Oil in a pot - on high
- Add Chopped Onions
- Add in all the spices and Ginger Garlic Paste as well as Curry Leaves
- Leave to heat up well and till onions are clear.
- Add Chopped Tomatoe
- Let cook a bit more. Then add the chopped pieces of the Lamb along with the bone pieces.
- Leave to simmer a bit on medium to high heat.Mixing occasionally.
- Add frozen peas and Potato (Peeled and Quartered)
- Then add some boiling water to just cover potatoes and leave to cook on a low heat.
- Check occasionally and if the potatoes need more time but liquid has evaporated, add a bit more water and leave till the water/gravy starts to thicken and the potatoes are fully cooked through.
- Voila!! The curry is now ready to serve, with your choice of Plain Rice/Naan