Soups and scones
Sometimes it’s all about the simple things. Soup and scones are the perfect combo for a weekend lunch or Sunday supper. These two numbers are super easy to put together and by adding that 5 per cent of magic you can take things to the next level. A creamy cauliflower soup livened up with a drizzle of truffle oil served with Indian-spiced scones.
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 cauliflower, including the stalk, chopped
3 cups vegetable stock
½ cup cream
Pink sea salt flakes and freshly ground pepper
Truffle oil for drizzling
- Using a large pot on moderate heat, add the extra virgin olive oil and gently cook the onion until translucent. Reduce the heat and add the chopped cauliflower and vegetable stock.
- Simmer for approximately 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower is soft.
- Allow to cool a little, then add to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Before serving, bring soup back up to just boiling and stir in cream. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in soup bowls with a drizzle of truffle oil.
3⅓ cups plain flour
3 tsp baking powder
250g tasty cheese, grated
1¾ cups milk
150g melted butter
¾ tsp salt
2 Tbsp Indian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl.
- Fold together quickly, ensuring you don’t overmix.
- Drop 12 large scoops of the mixture on to the prepared tray and cook in the oven for 20 minutes.