4 Bites: Abe's Bagels form the foundation of many a festive feast
- Chop 250g skinned and boned salmon into small 1 cm dice. Add 1 tsp each of sesame oil and horseradish, ½ tsp each of fish sauce and finely grated ginger, the zest and juice of ½ lime, and a little freshly ground black pepper. Mix together and leave to marinate 15 minutes.
- Add ½ cup blanched and refreshed edamame beans, ½ mango cut into small dice, a sheet of nori, finely shredded, and toss all to combine.
- Lay Abe’s Culley’s Chipotle Bagel Crisps on to a serving platter, add small spoonfuls of the salmon mix and top with a drizzle of chipotle mayonnaise. Makes 24. Get the recipe
- Split, lightly toast and butter 2 Abe’s Super Supreme Sesame Bagels. Spread one side with seed mustard and the other with beetroot jam (or use store-bought). Top with slices of ham, marinated peppers (or use store-bought) and fresh rocket. Season with sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper. Serves 2-4. Get the recipe
- Preheat oven to 200C. Toss 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes and 1-2 sliced spring onions with a splash of olive oil and red wine vinegar. Roast until they blister. Remove, season with sea salt flakes, freshly ground pepper, lemon zest and juice.
- Lightly toast and butter 2 Abe’s Natural or Super Sesame Bagels. Top with slices of fresh mozzarella, the cherry tomatoes, some micro greens or fresh chervil or parsley, and drizzle with a little basil oil to serve. Serves 2-4. Get the recipe
- Whisk ¼ cup each of mascarpone (or creme fraîche) and yoghurt with the zest and juice of ½ lemon, a pinch of sugar or honey, and ¼ tsp of Christmas spice mix (see recipe here or use five-spice or cinnamon). Fold fresh berries, strawberries and banana into the cream.
- Lightly toast 2 Abe’s Cinnamon and Raisin Bagels, spread with honey and top generously with the fruit spread. Serve drizzled with an apple or maple syrup and garnish with mint. Add a side of crispy bacon for a savoury note. Serves 2-4. Get the recipe