( SERVES 8 )
Photo by Babiche Martens.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan.
- Add half the chicken and brown on all sides, then remove to a plate. Repeat with remainder of the chicken.
- Add butter to the pan and melt.
- Add ginger, garam masala, paprika, coriander and cardamom and stir for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Return chicken to the pan and coat in spices.
- Add passata and sugar, stir well and cook for 10 minutes until sauce has thickened slightly and chicken is cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add yoghurt, cream and lemon juice, and bring back to a simmer for 3-5 minutes to heat through.
- Serve hot with rice and naan bread.