Three bean salad with lemon and sliced duck
Photo by Elizabeth Clarkson
|15||Broad beans, pods|
|300 g||Green beans, tender young|
|1 cup||Butter beans, preserved large white|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
- Prepare the vegetables. Blanch the beans in boiling salted water for 2 minutes, then drain and immediately plunge into a bowl of ice-cold water.
- Remove the broad beans from their pods, then blanch in boiling salted water. Cool and slip off the outer skin.
- Remove the butter beans from the jar or can and rinse under cold water.
- Score the skin on the breasts, then sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Place skin-side down in a cold frying pan.
- Put the pan over the heat and gently cook until the skin is crisp and golden – about 10 minutes.
- Turn and cook the other side for 3 minutes, then remove from the pan and allow the duck to rest for 7-10 minutes.
- Make the dressing by whisking all the ingredients together.
- Scatter the beans over the serving plates.
- Slice each breast into 6, then place the pieces on top of the beans.
- Pour a little dressing over each plate and add a few herb flowers and fresh lemon zest for decoration.