( SERVES 4 )
|300 g||Chicken, skinned and boned|
|2 tsp||Soy sauce|
|2 tsp||Rice wine, chinese|
|1 tsp||Sesame oil|
- Cut the chicken into 2cm cubes.
- Combine with soy sauce, rice wine, sesame oil and cornflour.
- Marinate for about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the canola oil in a wok.
- Fry the peanuts until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel.
- Add the chicken to the wok and stir-fry until it is white. Remove to one side.
- Add a little more oil and heat.
- Add the garlic and chillies and Szechuan peppercorns.
- Stir for 30 seconds, until they turn red.
- Stir the sauce then add to the wok.
- Return the chicken to the pan and heat through.
- Stir in the peanuts and spring onions.
Tip: Serves 2 with rice and steamed green vegetables sprinkled with oyster sauce, or 4 as part of a Chinese meal.