Steamed Pearls Balls
- Place the rice in a small bowl and cover with 1 cup of cold water.
- Soak for 2 hours. Drain and spread on a clean towel to dry.
- Combine the pork, egg, soy sauce, root ginger, water chestnuts and spring onion in a bowl.
- Take heaped tablespoons of the mixture and roll into 3cm balls.
- Roll one ball at a time in the rice, pressing in lightly.
- To cook, place a sheet of waxed or baking paper in a large steamer or use a large bamboo steamer that has been oiled on the base.
- Make a few holes in the paper. Arrange the pork balls on the paper.
- Cover and steam over boiling water for about 30 minutes.
- Great served with a chilli dipping sauce.
Tip: Serves 6-8 as part of a Chinese meal or 4 with stir-fried veges.