Broccoli and lamb salad with chilli and mint sprinkles
I always use the stem of the broccoli – it has a sweet nutty flavour and, if you slice it thinly across, it makes its own beautiful shapes.
|1 head||Broccoli, large, cut into florets and steam-sliced|
|1 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 can||Chickpeas, 400g, rinsed and drained|
|1 tsp||Moroccan spice|
|½ cup||Natural yoghurt|
|1 clove||Crushed garlic|
|1||Orange, 1tsp zest & 1/4 cup juice|
|½ tsp||Sea salt|
|1||Red chilli, finely sliced|
|½||Red onion, finely diced|
|1 bunch||Mint leaves, shredded|
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Rub the lamb rump with the oil and Moroccan spice and marinate for an hour.
- Sear the rump in a hot pan for 2-3 minutes to seal the edges.
- Transfer to the oven and roast for 15-18 minutes, depending on size and preferred rareness.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing thinly.
- Blanch the broccoli in boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes, until just tender and bright green.
- Drain and refresh under cold running water, then drain on paper towels.
- For the yoghurt dressing, combine yoghurt, garlic, orange juice and zest, cumin and salt, and mix well.
- Chill until required. For sprinkles*, combine chilli, onion and mint.
- Arrange the broccoli, sliced lamb and chickpeas on a large platter and drizzle over yoghurt dressing.
Tip: I like to serve the chilli sprinkles separately so guests can add as much or little as they like.