Zucchini cakes with pea salad
You can make this in one large dish for Sunday dinner, too. The salad adds a fresh crisp texture to the overall dish.
|½||Red onion, finely diced|
|1 cup||Zucchini, grated, squeeze out moisture with paper towels|
|50 g||Feta, crumbled, plus extra for the salad|
|¾ cup||Self raising flour|
|1 to taste||Salt and pepper|
|1||Zucchini, peeled into thin ribbons with a peeler|
|½ cup||Fresh peas, in the pod, plus pea fronds or herbs|
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil, or 3|
|1 tsp||Lemon, zest|
- Preheat oven to 175C and grease a medium muffin tray.
- Combine zucchini with red onion and feta.
- Beat eggs, cream and oil and stir into zucchini with sifted flour and seasoning, and mix well.
- Spoon into the muffin pan, filling ¾ high.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden, puffed and spongy when pressed in the centre.
- Cool for 5 minutes then remove from the tray, otherwise they may stick.
- For salad, lightly toss the zucchini ribbons, peas, feta, zest and oil.
- Serve alongside the zucchini cakes.