Black cod in citrus miso
( SERVES 2 )
Photo by Michael Craig
This recipe comes from chef Nic Watt, Masu Japanese Robata Restaurant & Bar, in Federal Street, Auckland.
- Combine the white miso, lemon and grapefruit juices to form a wet marinade.
- Add the mirin and sake and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the marinade over the cod, reserving a little to serve as a sauce, cover and leave to marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Remove the cod from the fridge and bring to room temperature.
- Remove the cod from the marinade and cook on the BBQ, allowing the miso to caramelise and edges to colour, or until cooked through.
- Serve with the pickled ginger stem and touch of the marinade on the side.
Tip: Hajikami is available at Japanese specialty stores.