Pork and kimchi gyoza
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Michael Craig
You can get gyoza wrappers and kimchi (fermented pickeld cabbage) from Japanese speciality stores.
- Combine the pork mince, pickled cabbage, soy, mirin and green chilli.
- Lay your gyoza wrappers out on the bench or a tray and place a tablespoon of the mince mixture into each wrapper. Place one finger in a little water and dab around the edge of the wrapper. Fold the wrapper over and pinch together to form your gyoza. Repeat until you have 16 gyoza.
- Combine the cucumber and sushi vinegar and set aside.
- Heat a pan on medium with a little rice bran or vegetable oil. Add the gyoza to the pan and lightly color the base, then add half a cup of water and cover with a lid. Steam for 4-5 minutes or until the water has disappeared.
- Serve immediately with the pickled cucumber.