Coconut caramel cookies
Photo by Tamara West
These caramel-flavoured cookies are crunchy on the outside, with a bit of a chewy centre. Perfect with your (soy) latte.
- Heat oven to 180C.
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Place brown sugar, golden syrup and coconut oil in a medium to large pot.
- Stir over low heat until melted and sugar has dissolved.
- Stir flour, coconut and vanilla into the syrup mixture until a dough forms.
- Roll heaped tablespoonful’s of mixture into balls and place on baking tray.
- Press down gently to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden. Allow to cool completely before removing from tray.
- Store in an airtight container.