Chipotle and lime nut clusters
Photo by Tamara West
- Crush the lime zest, chipotle salt (or use sea salt and ¼ tsp chilli powder or cayenne), and brown sugar in a mortar and pestle until you have a smooth paste.
- Place in a bowl and whisk with egg whites until fluffy.
- Fold in the mixed nuts.
- Spread out on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Season with a little freshly ground black pepper.
- Roast in a 200C oven for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, add a squeeze of lime juice, cool and break into clusters