Cauliflower leek patties
( SERVES 5 )
- Boil cauliflower until soft. Coarsely mash and set aside.
- You need 1 cup of mash. This can be done a day ahead.
- Slice leek into semicircles and clean well. Sauté in oil until soft, around5minutes. Set aside.
- Mix the flax meal with 3 Tbsp water tomake a ‘flax egg’.
- Mix the cauliflower, leek, flax egg, flour, baking powder, parsley, dill, salt and pepper.
- Then with wet hands form the mixture into 5-6 medium sized patties.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry patties.
- When the edges are brown, flip them over and flatten them a bit.
- Drain on paper towels.