Mushroom tarte Tatin with goats’ cheese whip and Manuka honey
A tarte Tatin is easier to make than it sounds. The key is to get a really good caramelisation at the bottom of your pan before you start adding ingredients, whether they’re sweet or savoury.
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Heat a 30cm oven-safe frying pan, dot with the butter and the brown sugar.
- When this starts bubbling and colouring slightly, lay the mushrooms in the pan and toss, to coat them all with the sweet butter.
- Now lay the puff pastry circle over the frying pan and seal the edges by tucking them down the sides of the pan.
- Bake in the oven (preferably bottom tray) for 25-30 minutes.
- Flip out the tarte onto a serving plate.
- Blitz the goats’ cheese and the sour cream in a food processor and dollop this mix over the tarte.
- Garnish with the fennel fronds and drizzle over the slightly warmed Manuka honey. Serve.