Great gouda biscuits
( SERVES 60 )
Tasty, Dutch-style savoury cookies to serve with coffee or drinks. Ensure the gouda is well matured or vintage.
- Place the cheese, butter, flour, baking powder and pepper in a processor.
- Process until a ball of dough forms.
- Pat into a flat disc, wrap in plastic film and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degC.
- Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Sprinkle the bench with a little flour.
- Roll out the dough to about 3mm thickness.
- Use a biscuit cutter to make the shape you want. I used a 4.5cm round cutter.
- Place on the lined baking trays. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, until golden.
- Bake in batches if necessary and cool on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container. They can be frozen.