Chipotle spiced chicken with guacamole
( SERVES 6 )
By opening up the chicken and splaying it (that’s what we call a spatchcock chicken), you dramatically speed up the cooking time.
|2||Golden kumara, cut into wedges|
|¼ cup||Chipotle sauce, or paste|
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|2||Avocados, large and ripe|
|½||Red onion, finely chopped|
|2 Tbsp||Coriander, chopped|
|1||Lemon, freshly juiced|
Light lemon mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Cut the chicken in half down the backbone.
- Rub the skin side with the chipotle paste and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, drizzle the kumara with olive oil and season and add to the baking tray.
- Peel and roughly chop the avocados into a bowl.
- Add the onion, coriander, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Mix together, so the avocado remains chunky.
- To make the light lemon mayonnaise, place all dressing ingredients in a jar and shake to combine.
- Serve the chicken and the guacamole with the lemon mayonnaise.