Baked cheese tart with honey and citrus
( SERVES 8 )
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Line a rectangular loose bottom tart tin or 21cm round fluted tin with the pastry sheets and trim to fit neatly. Chill until required.
- In a food processor, combine eggs, cream cheese, mascarpone, honey, orange zest and nutmeg, and process until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into the chilled pastry base.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes until pastry starts to colour, then reduce heat to 160C and cook a further 15-20 minutes until the pastry is cooked and the filling just set.
- Cool before slicing.
- Simmer orange slices in spices, thyme, honey and water for 8-10 minutes until syrupy and fragrant.
- Spoon over the tart before serving.
Tip: You could also serve piled with berries in the summer season.