( SERVES 6 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
- Preheat an oven to 180C.
- Line a 1-litre loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl place the mince, onion, garlic, breadcrumbs, herbs, mustard, egg, tomato paste and Worcester sauce.
- Combine well and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Place half the mixture into the loaf tin, add a layer of sliced mushroom and top with the remaining mince.
- Spread the onion marmalade on top of the mix.
- Place in the oven for 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean and the juices run clear.
- Serve with a fresh summer salad.