Quinoa with veges and tahini yoghurt
( SERVES 8 )
Quinoa and veges
|1 bunch||Baby carrot, about 8, tops trimmed|
|1 Tbsp||Cumin seeds, crushed|
|50 ml||Olive oil|
|2 cups||Quinoa, rinsed|
|4||Spring onions, thinly sliced|
|½ cup||Mint leaves, loosely packed|
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place carrots and baby turnips in a large roasting pan, scatter with cumin seeds, drizzle with olive oil, season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Wrap beetroot in foil, drizzling with olive oil and seasoning with salt and pepper, add to roasting pan and roast until tender, about 1-1½ hours.
- Soak quinoa in cold water for 20 minutes. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil over high heat, place a steamer over the top and line with muslin.
- Add quinoa and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender, remove, season to taste, and set aside until required.
- For the dressing, combine yoghurt, garlic and tahini in a bowl and stir to combine, whisk in olive oil in a thin stream and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cover veges with tahini sauce, spring onion and mint.