Goat's cheese and plum ripple ice cream
- Line a large loaf tin (6 cup capacity) with foil and chill in the freezer.
- Tie cinnamon stick, cloves, cardamon pods, and bay leaves in a muslin cloth and place in a saucepan with the plums (stones removed and plums broken up) and rum. Reduce over a medium heat until jammy and thick. Remove spices, add the lemon zest and juice and cool.
- Mix soft goat's cheese with yoghurt until smooth. Fold in 2 cups plain vanilla ice cream, spread into bottom of loaf tin, then place back in the freezer.
- Whip 2 more cups vanilla ice cream until smooth, then roughly fold in 1 cup of the cooled plum mixture. Add as a second layer to the tin, cover with foil, and freeze overnight.
- Serve with nut praline if you like.