Domain & Ayr's fluffy 20-minute pancake
( SERVES 2 )
Photo by Sophie Barclay
Makes two fluffy pancakes to impress any special friends over for brunch.
Domain and Ayr is on the border of Newmarket and Parnell, it's a regular meeting place for the locals, who flock for the award-winning, organic and Fairtrade coffee. Seasonal produce reigns supreme and vegans and vegetarians are well catered for. It is a member of the Conscious Consumers business, the cafe serves takeaway coffees and food in biodegradable recycled packaging including coffee cups, napkins and containers, and potato starch cutlery.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, except the egg whites and baking powder, mix until smooth.
- Preheat two small heavy iron pans or six-inch ramekins in the oven at 200C.
- Place the egg whites in a bowl and whisk until soft peaks form.
- Add the pancake mix and 1 tsp baking powder to the whisked egg whites and fold together.
- Spray the preheated pans or ramekins with canola oil and split the batter between two pans or ramekins then bake at 200C for 20 minutes.
- Serve with organic berry compote, maple syrup and a quenelle of mascarpone cheese.