Curry House Chicken
( SERVES 4 )
|500 g||Boneless chicken thighs, skinned chicken thighs, cubed|
|½ tsp||Ground turmeric|
|4 cloves||Crushed garlic|
|1 Tbsp||Fresh ginger, finely grated|
|½ tsp||Mustard seeds|
|1 Tbsp||Rice bran oil|
|½ tsp||Fennel seeds|
|½ tsp||Cumin seeds|
|½ tsp||Cardamom pods, seeds|
|1||Onion, medium/small, diced|
|1 tsp||Curry powder, more if needed|
|1½ cups||Coconut cream, or chicken stock|
|2||Tomatoes, large, diced|
- Dust chicken with turmeric. Combine garlic and ginger.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add mustard seeds and stir until they begin to pop.
- Add cumin, fennel and cardamom seeds, then onion. Cook, until slightly browned.
- Add combined garlic, ginger and curry powder. Stir for 1 minute.
- Add coconut cream or stock and the tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil. Simmer for 20 minutes, until thick.
- Stir in chicken. Simmer for at least 15 minutes, until chicken is cooked.
- Great served with rice.