Grant's Spaghetti with Anchovies and Breadcrumbs
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Doug Sherring
- Put breadcrumbs, parsley and lemon zest in a small bowl and toss to combine.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft and caramelised.
- Add anchovies and garlic and cook for about three minutes, stirring often until anchovies break down and garlic is soft.
- Stir in pepper flakes and remove pan from heat.
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pot of boiling water, drain but reserve a ¾ cup of pasta water.
- Return the pan with onion mixture and turn up the heat.
- Add reserved pasta water and bring to boil.
- Add pasta, stirring until sauce coats pasta.
- Add remaining oil, season lightly with salt to taste and toss to combine.
- Divide pasta among warmed bowls and garnish with reserved breadcrumb mixture.