Photo by Doug Sherring
- Heat the oil, peel and crush the garlic cloves and add them to the pan, then add the chicken and brown over a high heat.
- When golden brown, remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Chop the onion, carrots and celery and saute in the pan.
- After a few minutes, when lightly golden, add the chicken thighs.
- Dissolve sugar in vinegar and sprinkle all over the chicken.
- Add the bay leaves, capers, olives, salt and pepper, stir well and pour over the white wine.
- Cook over a low heat and, if you like it, add some chopped chilli before serving.