Braised oysters with chorizo and spinach
While some might steer clear of a creamy pot of succulent seafood and sausage, these health-conscious meals pack a nutritious punch and are great for sharing.
- Peel the skin from the chorizo, then break the meat into chunks.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over a high heat and sauté chorizo until the oil begins to take on the colour of the sausage.
- Add onion to the pot and cook 1 minute. Add the white wine, then let this reduce slightly.
- Pour in the cream, return to the boil then reduce the heat. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drop the spinach into the creamy broth, along with the oysters. Bring it back to the boil then remove from the heat.
- Season with a little salt and white pepper to taste. Finish the dish by stirring in the crème fraîche.
- Serve with the brown bread and the watercress dressed with lime juice.