Roasted mushroom and garlic rigatoni
I like to serve pasta with a hot chilli sauce. To make your own, blend together chilli, tomato juice, honey, allspice and a touch of salt. It’s quick and delicious.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Cook the pasta as per packet instructions.
- Peel the field mushrooms and put in a roasting tray with the whole garlic bulbs. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook in the oven for 30-40 minutes.
- Allow the garlic to cool slightly then squeeze out the flesh. Put half the garlic in a food processor with all the mushrooms, a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Blitz until combined.
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil. Remove the outer leaves of the broccolini, then drop it into the water. Remove after 30 seconds and plunge into an ice bath.
- Heat a frying pan, add the mushroom purée and cooked pasta, and toss to coat the pasta evenly.
- Finally, add the broccolini and roasted garlic cloves until just heated through.
- Serve in small bowls with finely grated manuka-smoked cheddar.