Pesto and parmesan chicken schnitzel with tomato and bean salad
Health experts recommend eating chicken two to three times per week – just make sure it’s skinless!
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Slice the chicken breast into even-sized schnitzels or thin slices.
- Combine 1 Tbsp of the pesto with the yoghurt and toss with the sliced chicken.
- Place the breadcrumbs and parmesan in a shallow bowl and coat the pesto chicken in the parmesan crumbs.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently brown the chicken schnitzels for 2-3 minutes.
- Then transfer to an oven-proof tray and bake for 5-10 minutes, depending on thickness, until cooked and golden.
- For the salad, blanch beans and snow peas for 2-3 minutes, drain and toss with spring onion, basil and tomato slices.
- Arrange with the lettuce on plates and top with sliced chicken.
- Combine remaining 2 tsp of pesto with the extra oil and drizzle over the salad and chicken.