Parsnip and apple soup
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
- Melt the butter in a large pot. Add the onion and garlic.
- Soften for 5 minutes without browning.
- Add the coriander and cumin. Stir until fragrant.
- Add the parsnips, apple and chicken stock.
- Bring to a simmer for 20 minutes until the parsnip are completely softened.
- Put through a blender until smooth or use a hand whizz.
- Before serving bring back to a simmer, add the cream and parsley.
- Serve with roasted parsnip chips, if liked. To make, peel the parsnip into thin ribbons using a vegetable peeler. Fry in vegetable oil in batches until golden and crisp. Drain on paper towels.