Kumara with creamy coconut dressing
Photo by Tamara West
The nutritious kumara is a staple in Maori cuisine and features in this take on a potato salad
- Place kumara or Maori potatoes, whole eggs and 1 tsp salt in a large pot and cover with cold water.
- Bring to a gentle boil and time for 6 minutes, then remove eggs but continue cooking until kumara/potatoes are just tender, about another 2-3 minutes. Drain eggs under cold water and set aside.
- Mix yoghurt, coconut creamand lemon juice together and set aside.
- Halve cherry tomatoes, finely chop parsley until you have ½ cup, chop capers; peel and slice avocadoes. Peel shells of eggs and quarter.
- Drain and toss kumara/potatoes with egg, tomatoes, parsley, capers and avocado.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and dress with coconut dressing.