Barbecue skirt steak with chargrilled cauliflower and chipotle hot sauce
Photo by Photography by Fiona Andersen
Experiment with all sorts of different chipotle sauces from mellow and smoky to lava hot. Wild Meat Sauce is a winner, even on fried eggs.
- Combine garlic with 20ml of the olive oil, smear over steak, then season with chilli flakes and some salt and pepper.
- Grill steak on a very hot barbecue for 5 minutes before turning over and cooking for a further 3 minutes or until just medium.
- Remove from heat and allow to rest in a warm place.
- Brush cauliflower with remaining olive oil and grill on a hot barbecue plate for about 10 minutes until charred and tender.
- Remove from heat and serve with carved steak and chipotle sauce on the side.