Reader recipe: Lemon and thyme Greek chicken
This is Kaytrena Gibson's winning recipe in the Greek-inspired reader recipe competition. Kaytrena says “I have been making this recipe for years and have given many people the recipe; one friend describes it as ‘Greece on a plate’. The pan I use (as seen in the photo) was bought years ago in Corfu for a few Euros."
- Heat oven to 160-180C.
- Take a large shallow ovenproof dish and put in the olive oil, melted butter and chicken pieces. Mix to coat the chicken well.
- Add wine and crushed garlic and mix again.
- Cut lemon into quarters and squeeze juice over chicken, then add them to dish for extra flavouring during cooking. Lastly sprinkle over chopped thyme, then a grind of pepper and a sprinkle of salt. Place in oven for approx 50-60 minutes until chicken is thoroughly cooked through and nicely browned on top.
- When cooked, if you like, transfer to serving dish and juices to a pouring jug*.
- Serve with potatoes, with the juices drizzled over them.
Tip: If you are left with a lot of liquid in the pan, drain it into a pot and simmer uncovered on the stove top to reduce