Fresh Spring Rolls
|2||Spring onions, chopped|
|1 cup||Mint leaves, firmly packed|
|1 tsp||Chilli, diced|
|½ tsp||Honey, mild|
|1 clove||Crushed garlic|
|¼ cup||Lemon juice|
- To make the sauce, place all ingredients in a small food processor or use a hand blender.
- ix until smooth. Place in a bowl to serve.
- Poach prawns gently in boiling water until pink and cooked, about 1 minute.
- Drain and place in icy water to cool. Drain, then halve lengthwise.
- Pour boiling water over noodles and soak for about 10 minutes, until softened.
- Drain and cool. Combine with cabbage.
- Pour warm water into a frying pan or large dish.
- Soak a rice paper wrapper in the water until softened.
- Lift out and place on a clean board.
- Place 1/4 of noodle mixture on front side of the wrapper.
- Add carrot, cucumber, herbs and 4 prawn halves.
- Fold in the sides and roll up. Place on a platter and cover with damp paper towels.
- Repeat to make 4 rolls. Cut rolls diagonally and place on individual plates.