Chickpea & apricot tagine with brown rice
Three Shortland St stars and uniting to fight poverty by going below the line. The actresses get a taste of life on just $2.25 a day.
- Drain chickpeas and boil in water for 30 minutes or until soft, but not mushy.
- Chop carrot and onion into 1cm cubes. Fry in 2 tbsp oil until slightly golden.
- Add garlic, cumin and fry for 1 minute.
- Add drained, cooked chickpeas, palm sugar, salt, tomatoes and 500ml water.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer 30 minutes. Slice apricots and add to mixture.
- Serve on top of boiled brown rice.