Photo by Jason Burgess
This recipe is equally delicious with beef.
|5||Carrots, medium, peeled and grated|
|3||Spring onions, sliced, use both green and white ends|
|½ cup||Fresh coriander, chopped|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|2 Tbsp||Lemon juice, fresh|
|2 Tbsp||Peanut oil|
|⅓ cup||Toasted sesame seeds|
- Cut lamb into thin strips. Combine the cornflour, water and Shaoxing wine in a bowl, add the lamb and coat well and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Next prepare slaw, combine in a bowl the grated carrots, spring onion, coriander, toasted sesame seeds, salt, pepper, lemon juice and oil. Set aside.
- Fry sliced onions in peanut oil until golden, set aside.
- Put 2 Tbsp peanut oil in large smoking-hot fry pan or wok.
- Toss in five spice, cumin and black pepper. They will immediate release a spicy aroma. After 30 seconds slide in the lamb, toss in the spicy hot oil for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Add sesame oil, soy sauce, Shaoxing rice wine and the fried onions. Cook for 1 more minute and remove pan from heat.
- Cut a slit in the pita pocket and warm in the toaster until still soft (not crunchy).
- Set on the table and everyone can pile in the Asian slaw and warm cumin lamb. Serve with your favourite chilli sauce. Xiangshòu - Enjoy!