Freddie's Mapo tofu
Photo by Jason Burgess
|1 block||Tofu, soft, cut into medium-sized cubes|
|200 g||Pork mince|
|6||Shiitake mushrooms, dried|
|2 cloves||Garlic, chopped|
|1 piece||Ginger, thumbsize, minced|
|2 Tbsp||Chilli bean sauce|
|1 Tbsp||Soy sauce|
|2 Tbsp||Oyster sauce|
|2 Tbsp||Shaoxing rice wine|
|1 Tbsp||Sesame oil|
|1 to garnish||Spring onion|
|1 to garnish||Coriander|
|2 Tbsp||Vegetable oil|
|1 Tbsp||Corn starch, slurry, mixed with 1 tbsp cold water|
- Rehydrate dried shitake mushrooms in a cup of boiling water.
- After 20 minutes, squeeze the mushrooms dry and slice thinly. Reserve the water.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan. When hot, add in the pork mince and allow to brown on one side first before flipping.
- Once browned, break up into bite-sized pieces.
- Add garlic and ginger and saute for a further minute.
- Add in half cup of Shao Xing wine and mix. Stir fry for a further minute.
- Add sliced shitake mushrooms and mushroom water then add in chilli bean sauce, oyster sauce, soy sauce and sugar.